Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Blog!

Hey everyone! Starting up a new blog about one of my favorite hobbies, drinking beer! Why a start a beer blog? Well I have always been a bit of a beer snob. I was the guy in the fraternity in college always trying new and different beers (back then it was radical to buy anything other than Natural Light, Bud Light or Miller Lite). Over the years this has transformed into a true appreciation of the many different types of beer that are out there. This really hit home when the State of Georgia changed the law capping the amount of alcohol in beer from 6% to 14% in 2004. A good friend of mine and I celebrated the occasion at Brick Store Pub in Decatur. The experience of trying some really amazing Belgian and other beers for the first time was incredible. Opened my eyes to what other neat styles of beer there are out there waiting for me to try them.

So, my idea behind this blog is to keep my readers up to date on what crazy beers are out there. I'll keep track of what is in my beer fridge, what I am cellaring for later consumption and what I have on tap in my basement bar (I'll post some pictures later this week, the jest of it is that I built out my basement to look and feel like some of the hole in the wall bars in Savannah, GA. Wood flooring, walls look like distressed red brick, neon signs, pool table, big TV, and a bar with two taps). I am also slowly getting into home brewing so I will keep everyone up to date on what styles I'm making and how they turned out. All in all I am looking forward to sharing my beer experiences with everyone!

No comments: