Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quick Beer Reviews: Radeberger Pilsner and Kona Fire Rock

Grabbed dinner and some beer at the monthly pub crawl that I set up for the MINI club that I am a member of. We meet at Six Feet Under, a nice little joint that serves good seafood and has a pretty decent beer menu. Tried the Radeberger Pilsner first. Was not impressed. It tasted like a pilsner, nothing amazing about it. Not near as good as Pilsner Urquell but better than some of the American Marco Brews trying to pass themselves off as Pilsners. Would I order it again? Nah, a rather forgettable brew.

For my 2nd choice I decided to try another brew that I have been meaning to give a try. Kona (Yes they brew beer in Hawaii) has just recently shown up here in Georgia (did I mention that Yeungling is coming is December!) and I had not yet sampled any other their brews. There was a wheat brew and the Fire Rock Pale Ale on the menu, seeing as we where sitting outside and it was getting a bit nippy I went with the Pale Ale. A very good brew. Nice and flavorful, a good hop kick but not to the scale of an IPA. Nice and dark color. I'll have to grab a sixer or a sample pack and give Kona a more in depth review in the near future. Give it a try if you can find it at your local or the closest liquor store.

No comments: