Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back from Vegas beer report...

Got back in from Vegas Monday night. Had a great long weekend, got to surprise my wife's grandmother for her 80th birthday. I did decently well playing craps and blackjack. I even won a round of Bingo much to the dismay of the regulars in the room. Not much doing on the beer front in Vegas. I didn't make it back to the Burger Bar for beer by the boot. The only random beer I got to try while out in Vegas was at the Hofbrau House. This place is supposed to simulate at German beer hall and beer garden. They had a nice Octoberfest on tap that was nothing like the dark OCtoberfests you get here in the states. It was a much lighter beer, more like a Helles than a Marzen style. Very smooth but it packed a wollop. They didn't have the exact abv published, only stated it was over 6%. I would put it in the 6.5 to 7% range. Of course I ordered the 1 liter mug and labored through the first, ordered a 2nd and only got 2/3 of the way through. Just too much beer and food. It was funny to see my wife's cousin (life time Budweiser drinker) go after the Octoberfest. I don't think he realized it was about double the abv of his standard brew! Anyways, that is it for now.

No comments: