Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Records and Beer

After a great week plus of some amazing beer and great live music I got to thinking.  Why don't I try to pair up some music reviews with my beer drinking?  I am a bit of a vinyl record collector, have a bunch that have been donated to me from friends and family, plus a lot that I have picked up along the way (in addition to trying to hit as many local breweries while on the road I also try to seek out small independent record shops).  Anyway, I think I am going to attempt to work my way through my entire record collection.  I'll review one record and one beer each week!  Yep.  I'll start with the letter "A" week 1 and then letter "Z" week 2 and alternate from one end of the collection to the other (that way I figure I won't be reviewing 7 straight Beatles records) until I meet in the middle somewhere, going to guess around Billy Joel (I have them sorted by last name or band name).  Looking forward to listening to some records I've never pulled out (the Dionne Warwick records may be a bit tough to get through) and force myself to try a new beer each week (should also force me to go through some of my cellared beers when the right record calls for it!).  Anyway, going to kick it all off tonight!  Wish me luck!

Happy Drinking!!

No comments: