Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Corny Keg is full and ready to go....

Got the corny keg cleaned and sanitized last night, also ran some sanitizer through the beer line to clean out the Miller Lite that it had been hooked up to. The pony of Miller Lite is still pretty full, I plan on taking it up to a Poker tourney a guy in the neighborhood is hosting after the first of the year. The keg of Sweetwater IPA is on its last legs, I can't believe it is still pouring. Got the English Pale Ale into the keg and put it in the fridge for it to cool down to allow me to start force carbonating it, using the pressurize and shake method my buddy suggested. Figure I will try that either tonight or tomorrow, looking forward to giving this brew a try.

I took a quick picture of the current kegerator set-up:

You can see the Miller Lite Pony, Sweetwater IPA Torpedo and the Corney Keg in the back. Underneath the stand I built I store what is left of my 2 previous homebrews, only a few of the lagers left and about 16 or so of the IPAs. Looking at this makes me realize I could go to a 3 keg system if I really wanted to but I doubt it will ever be this full again. Most likely I will keep 1 keg of homebrew and one torpedo keg on draft most of the time. It is good to know if I ever had a huge bash that I can fit a 1/2 barrel keg + a 1/6 barrel keg and a corny in there if need be. Anyways, I hope to have a review of the English Pale Ale in a day or two. Until then, Happy Drinking!

No comments: