Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick Update and some quick reviews

Moved the homebrew over to the secondary fermenter yesterday. A few more days in there and then I have to figure out how if I want to bottle or keg it before I head out of town for the holidays.

Some quick beer reviews of brews I have tried in the past few weeks:

Serra Nevada Celebration: Yuck, strange hop note. Almost undrinkable 1/2 pint of 5
Anchor Christmas: Nice and spicy but not over the top, a nice seasonal. 3 out of 5
Sweetwater Festive: Another nice dark seasonal, more hoppy than the Anchor. 3.5 of 5
Goose Neck IPA: Not all that Hoppy for an IPA, seemed closer to a hoppy lager. 2.5 of 5
Goose Neck Honnker: Ugh, too sweet and very bland, glad I only tried a sample. 1 of 5
Great Lakes Christmas: Very nice, best Christmas brew I've had to date. A nice sweet malt start, very mild spiciness and a hint of hops to end. Very drinkable. 4 of 5

No comments: