Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random Grumblings

Carbonated the homebrew last night. It is mighty tasty but needs a bit more carbonation, comes off tasting a tad flat. I am storing it at a high pressure right now and am going to shake it a bit more tonight to try to get more CO2 in solution.

I have a sports rant that I need to get off my chest (sports and beer do go together). Ended up watching some the Boston v. Atlanta NBA game last night and remembered why I hate watching basketball and usually refuse to watch it until March Madness, and even then I usually only watch the opening rounds. Out of every sport, the officiating in basketball (and the NBA in particular) is horrendous. Sure in football holding is never called and WR get too many pass interference calls but usually the refs do a pretty good job. Same can be said for hockey, baseball, soccer and pretty much every other sport except basketball. The idea of what constitutes a foul is pretty open to debate and half the time you can't even pick the call out. Star players get a lot more calls to go there way than the league minimum guys. The game gets so choppy when the crew decides to make a call every time down the court, ugh. Several times last night star player "a" would make a drive towards the basket and would pull up for a nice fade away jumper. More than once the defender didn't even challenge the shoot and was still called for a foul. ?? I dunno, I guess I wish they would let the players run a preseason game where they called the fouls themselves pick up ball style. Hell, back in college, unless you where thrown to the ground, held NFL style or bleeding there wasn't a foul.

No comments: