Friday, April 24, 2009

Raise a Pint Tonight.....

Yep, Guinness 250th anniversary Stout makes its debut today. If you see it on draft somewhere give ti a shoot. I plan on picking up a 6 pack on the way home tonight and see what I think of it.

Picked up a 6er of Breckenridge Brewery's Pandora's Bock yesterday. Quite good, very sweet malt note, nice and smooth, just enough hint of hops at the end to cut the sweetness. Nice deep reddish brown color too. A nice all around beer.

Turns out I may not buy the new brew kettle from Wally world. Read some reviews and people have good things to say about it but apparently it warns you not to use it over anything above medium heat. I'm guessing my propane burner would qualify as a but more than medium heat. Did some digging and I have decided it looks like I need a Stainless Boiling Pot. Found a few and they look pretty heavy duty and perfect for cooking up my brew. I'll try to get one on order here in the next few days, I really want to brew again soon. Looking forward to trying my first stout.

Looks like a great weekend here in the SE for some porch sittin', grillin' and beer drinking so get out and enjoy the nice spring weather before it gets too hot.

Happy Drinking!

No comments: