Friday, July 31, 2009

Where is the Beer Snob: Part Deux

Well to tell the truth the Beer Snob has not been drinking too much lately. Not much new beer has crossed my lips in the last few weeks and the fermenters sit abandoned and dusty in the basement, waiting to receive there next batch of wort goodness. I am reading a few homebrew books and do plan on firing up the cooker sometime after my beach trip next week. I'll get the HopNog IPA ready for the first football game. I am really looking forward to my first all grain brew, I'm shooting for sometime in September to do it. I found a nice double ipa recipe that I want to give a shoot. The Irish Stout kit may have to wait until the late fall.

On the beer sampling front, I am continuing to make my way through my beer reserves before buying any thing new. I am down to a 6er of Hopslam, a Guinness 250 or 3, four North Coast '08 Old Stock Ales (pretty sure one or two of these is going to stay in the cellar), 1 Dogfish Head Barleywine, a few Terrapin Side Projects (Roggen, Monks Rervenge and a 90 Shilling) and an Allagash Creuax. After that it comes down to finishing the 2/3 of a torpedo keg of Monk's Revenge I have left and the 12 or so old homebrew bottles. Wish me luck!

Happy Drinking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That HopNog was great!
Looks like the HOPNOG 2009 is about to come out, I found a place taking pre-orders, due to ship Oct 19th 2009
http://www.store.homebrew4less.com/Brewers-Best-HOPNOG-2009-beer-kit-Makes-5-Gal/productinfo/LD1053/