Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When is a Ski Trip not a Ski Trip?

When there are 8 breweries between you and the mountain! So the Atlanta Beer "Snob" will be heading out west to hit the ski slopes of Vail, CO the first week of February. Heading out there with a good friend Ken (of guy who drank the entire Christmas beer selection from the belgian bar at Brick Store fame). As it would happen, any time I head to a new place I am always looking for new beer to try. We get into Denver around 2pm in the afternoon and really have nothing to do except drive to Vail. So, I started looking for breweries to visit while in Denver. I have since come to the determination that if I ever have to move from Atlanta, Denver is on my list to move to. Heck 20 or something breweries and distilleries within a hours drive? Yes please! So a quick list of the ones we are trying to go when we first get to Denver:

Great Divide
Wynkoop
Strange Brewing
Breckenridge Brewery and BBQ (probably grab dinner here)
Renegade Brewery
Stranahans Colorado Whiskey
Wit's End Brewing Company

So 6 breweries and a distillery. I plan to stock up on beer from the breweries since it should be cheaper than buying it at a liquor store out in Vail.

On the way back after skiing we are playing it by ear and are going to try to head north of Denver a bit (Ft. Collins, Boulder, Loveland, Longmount ect.) and hit a brewery or two before having to head to the airport. We may need to find a UPS store to ship so beer back!

I'll keep everyone up to date on what I try while out there.

Happy Drinking!!

No comments: