Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homebrew IPA Review

My homebrewed IPA has had a bit more time to rest the last few weeks. I decided last night to pop another open and give it a true review.

Pours a dark brownish copper color, very clear. Good carbonation with pour. Fizzy head to start that sticks around for a bit. Slightly floral aroma with a hint of honey. Taste has changed the most from my first try a few weeks ago. Seems to have mellowed out a bit. Hops bitterness is still up front but more manageable, honey sweetness has dulled a bit but that is a god thing. Much more complex finish now, sweet and smooth. It really doesn't taste like an IPA, more like a Pale Ale with a bit more hops than usual. Maybe like a Bass with a hint of honey and a few more hops. If all the beers I end up brewing turn out this good then I will be a happy guy. I'll give the homebrew 3.5 pints out of 5.

No comments: