Monday, August 18, 2008

New Beers in the Cellar, a new Season on the Horizon...

Added a whole bunch of new Beers to the cellar fridge this weekend. Most brought back from my trip to New York. I really wish I could find Stone and Bear Republic beers here in GA. Closest for Bear is SC and Stone would be Knoxville area. Dang it. Maybe someday GA will update its beer buying law to something closer to its Wine law, allowing folks to order beer from out of state and bypass the distributors. For now it just means I have to keep an eye out for both whenever I am on the road.

My sister-in-law gave Kel and I a nice small wine fridge. It now resides out on top of the beer fridge in the garage. That puts our fridge count at 5 (Beer Fridge, Kegerator, Cellar Fridge, Wine Fridge, Food Fridge) and 4 of the 5 are dedicated to storing alcohol. Hmmm, maybe we have a slight problem, nah.

We also just reorganized our basement storage area, put in a whole bunch of new shelving and cabinets. So my brewing equipment now has a true place to live instead of underneath my garage workbench. My collectible liquor bottles and our other hooch now lives in a lockable cabinet, hopefully putting the kibosh on anymore bottle thefts.

Exciting times abound. Football season is upcoming and that also marks the arrival of cooler weather. This combined with a trip to Ann Arbor sometime in the next few months (Visit to a college buddy and avid home brewer) should lead to my first big batch of homebrew, and then the eventual kegging of said beer. Football tailgates also mark the return of "Fall", "Fall" being the codeword for the best football drink of all, the Bourbon and Coke. So in the next few weeks expect some new beer reviews plus the Atlanta Beer Snobs College Football Tailgating Guide. Should be fun.....

No comments: