Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Miller Lite has hops is in it?

Don't know if anyone has seen one of the newer Miller Lite ads on tv yet, I couldn't find it posted anywhere on the net. The ad celebrates the fact that Miller ads hops not once, not twice, but three tims during the brewing process of Miller Lite, and that ads to the great pilsner taste of Miller Lite. Huh? There are hops in Miller Lite? Could have fooled me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Miller Lite (see my Cheap Beer Manifesto here) but trying to sell Miller Lite on the amount of hops in it is like trying to sell O'Doul's because it has some alcohol in it. The regular lite beer drinker don't know what hops smell or taste like. They figure, hey its got hops, it has to be better than brand X. Ok, but don't go trying to sell your beer off the success of the craft movements use of liberal amounts of hops. Rant over....

Happy Drinking!

No comments: