Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Wine Tasting and some other big news.

My wife Kelly and I attended a neighborhood wine tasting on Valentines Day. Had a great time and tried some excellent wines. How can a beer snob like wine you ask? Well I do, it just isn't my first choice of beverage. The few wine tastings that I have been to really helped me pick out wines that I like and have allowed me to be confident in ordering a good glass when out to dinner. I rarely go buy a bottle of wine for home consumption though I do have a soft spot for a good bottle of port. Anyway, we got all dressed up, I in my tuxedo and my wife in the only black dress that will fit her at the moment (note to new readers, she is pregnant with twins that are due in April). The tasting started out with 2 types of sparkling wine (Kel had a few small sips then switched to water), then moved on to a Chardonnay, then a Merlot, then a Port and finished an amazing Silver Oak Cabernet. All in all they where all great wines. I did speak with our wine guy at length (he works at the beverage store around the corner and has done tasting for us 2 or 3 times) about possibly doing a beer tasting this fall. He seemed game and we had a nice time talking about all the new beers that are now available here in Georgia.

Now for the big news. I am going to have a very interesting interview to post here in the next two days. I will be interviewing Guinness Brewmaster Fergal Murray! Make sure to stop back by in the next day or two for the interview and my thoughts on getting to meet the legend!

No comments: