Friday, May 22, 2009

Found a beer for the wife...

Kelly and I finally got a chance to grab a nice dinner alone. We went to Leon's Full Service in Decatur. It is owned by the same guys that own the Brick Store just around the corner. Neat little place, may have the coolest looking bar in town. Good beer menu, a little bit of everything. Food was excellent. I grabbed a Belgian IPA, pretty good, nice hop note but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. My second beer was a Sour. I have become a huge fan of this style of beer, really complex. Sour, sweet, bitter, smooth all in one sip, very cool stuff but it is a love it or hate it style. I convinced Kelly to take a sip and was surprised that she really liked it. Guess I will have to try and brew a sour up sometime in the coming months.

I have a bunch of beers to review (Guinness 250, Yuengling Black and Tan, Kona Longboard, Terrapin 30, Bells Oberon and more) a long with a trip report about where to drink in Ann Arbor, MI. Bear with me, I'll get them up soon! 'Till then, Happy Drinking!

No comments: