Thursday, May 28, 2009

Guinness 250 Review

Ok, my long awaited Guinness 250 review is finally ready. I was the first to buy any at the Total Wine store in the perimeter area of Atlanta. I tried to buy some the day it came out but could not find a store that stocked any. I was not even sure if Total Wine had it until I asked. It ended up taking myself and two guys at the store 15 minutes to find where it was stocked. The problem being that we where looking for the standard black Guinness packaging and the 250 was shipped in cream colored boxes. Once it was located I picked out 2 6 packs (about $8.00 each) and was on my way.

So how was the beer? It is pretty good. The label and advertising sum it up as well as I can. Guinness says this beer is brewed to be crisper and more refreshing than Guinness Draft. Well it is. It is a tad lighter and not quite as bitter. Easier to drink for someone who has never had a stout. It is a fine beer and a bit closer to some of the microbrew porters that have become pretty popular. If you like Guinness then 250 a try, won't be around forever so try it now before it disappears for good. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5. I'll buy some more next time I'm over at Total Wine.

No comments: