Friday, July 27, 2012

Beer Season Creep?

So I saw an ad about a week ago from New Belgium.  It was for the release of their new Fall seasonal, Red Hoptober.  So a fall seasonal released in late July?  Let me try to remember my seasons here..... Winter is Dec-Jan-Feb, Spring is March-Apr-May, Summer is June-July-Aug, Fall is Sep-Oct-Nov.  Ok so I'm not crazy.  A fall beer released in the middle of the summer.  What have the breweries become, auto makers?  On sale now, the new 2015 Lexus....

All kidding aside, I understand why the seasonal releases get pushed a bit earlier.  Heck I welcome it a bit just because I am not a big fan of many of the summer seasonal beers.  Just means I'm a few weeks closer to football season, a few weeks closer to buying a 12 pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest, drinking 2 of them and remembering that I really don't care for it, and then spending the next 6 months pawning them off on buddies when they come over to hang out.

Anyway, just kind of downloading my brain this morning.  Have brainstormed some homebrew ideas. Going to start fooling around with a true IPA recipe.  May brew a few batched back to back with the same malt bill and fool around with the hops to see which ones I like the best.  I also plan on making another batch of my Red IPA since it seems to be a favorite with everyone in the neighborhood.  Figure I'll try some sort of barleywine this fall as well.

That is it for now,

Happy Drinking!!  

No comments: